Dexorange syrup belongs to the group of medications called Nutritional supplements. It is used for the treatment of nutritional deficiencies such as anemia, iron deficiency, and folic acid deficiency. Dexorange syrup is a hematinic agent that is beneficial for the formation of blood cells. It is also used for the cure of hookworm, weakness, and post-surgery infection. Dexorange is a nutritional supplement that is used to cover the deficiency of anemia, Vitamin D, and iron deficiency. Natural deficiency comes about when the body does not get enough nutrients for the body to work properly.
Dexorange syrup is a 200ml orange suspension manufactured by FRANCO INDIAN Pharmaceuticals.
Dexorange syrup is a nutritional supplement that is used to plenish the decreased levels of essential nutrients that are necessary for the growth of blood cells. Patients will low immunity use Dexorange syrup to boost their immunity. The ingredients of decay syrup are also helpful in properly functioning the brain and nerves. They help in the transport of oxygen throughout the body. A dose of Dexorange syrup can be helpful in children to cover the amount of iron and other nutrients in the body. The composition of Dexorange syrup comprises vitamins and minerals that are helpful in the production of enzymes and hormones. As some studies demonstrated per pint, approximately 250mg of iron is lost during menstruation. The usage of Dexorange syrup is helpful during periods to cover the loss of hemoglobin. Dexorange syrup is good for consumption during pregnancy as it is helpful in the improvement of the baby, however, doctor advice must be taken to avoid severe side effects.
Dexorange syrup is a composition of three ingredients that are Cyanocobalamin, Ferric ammonium citrate, and Folic acid. It contains ferric ammonium citrate (16mg)+Vitamin B12/Mecobalamin/Cyanocobalamin/Methylcobalamin (7.5Mcg)+ VitaminB9/ Folic Acid/Folate(0.5mg). Each 15ml tablespoon of Dexorange syrup contains:
Ferric ammonium citrate 160mg(That is equivalent to elemental iron: 32.8mg )
- Cyanocobalamin 7.5 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.5mg
- Alcohol. 0.87 ml
Cyanocobalamin is an important ingredient in Dexorange syrup for the growth, production of cells, protein, and synthesis of tissue, Ferric ammonium citrate works in the production of iron which further helps in the transportation of oxygen throughout the whole body. Folic acid is useful for various body functions; producing red blood cells, their growth, and development. Ingredients altogether work for the nutritional benefits of the body.
The dosage must be decided by the doctor for every patient as per their age, condition, weight, and medical history. Commonly the dosage of Dexorange syrup for adults is one to two tablespoons whereas in children it has to be decided by the doctor.
Avoid taking the dose as it’s already time for the next scheduled dose. If you accidentally missed a dose and it’s time for the scheduled dose do not take the missed one.
The dose should be taken as much as the quantity of the dose has been prescribed by the doctor. In case of an overdose seek medical attention right away by calling the nearest hospital.
You can experience normal and mild side effects after using Dexorange syrup. The side effects that may happen are listed below:
- Allergic reaction.
- Stomach upset.
- Bitter taste in the mouth.
- Itchiness and rashes on the skin.
- Dark-colored stool due to ferric ammonium citrate.
Dexorange syrup should not be consumed with tea or coffee as it can be added to iron absorption and can cause severe damage. You should not consume Dexorange syrup if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Discuss with your doctor if you have stomach bleeding, stomach intestinal disorder, diabetes, heart , kidney, liver problems, or folate-dependent tumors. If you observe an allergic reaction seek medical attention right away. A time gap should be maintained between the doses to avoid overdose or missed doses.
While Dexorange syrup is commonly used as a dietary supplement during pregnancy to support the baby’s development, it is crucial to prioritize the well-being of both the mother and the unborn child. To ensure a safe and healthy pregnancy, it is highly advisable to consult with a qualified gynecologist before incorporating Dexorange syrup or any dietary supplement into your prenatal regimen.
Interactions with other Drugs:
The doctor should be aware of all the other medications you are currently using, whether they are herbal medications or others. Dexorange syrup interacts with the following drugs :
- Keep it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store it away from direct sunlight.
- Discard the bottle if the expiry date has been passed.
- What is Dexorange syrup?
- Is Dexorange syrup safe for pregnant women?
- How does Dexorange syrup work?
- Can I take Dexorange syrup with other medications?
- Are there any side effects associated with Dexorange syrup?
- What is the recommended dosage for Dexorange syrup?
- Can children take Dexorange syrup?
- Is Dexorange syrup suitable for vegetarians?
- How should Dexorange syrup be stored?
- Is a prescription required to purchase Dexorange syrup?
- Are there any contraindications for Dexorange syrup?
- Can Dexorange syrup be taken on an empty stomach?
- How long does it take to see the effects of Dexorange syrup?
- Are there any interactions between Dexorange syrup and certain medical conditions?
- What is the shelf life of Dexorange syrup?
- Can Dexorange syrup be used as a long-term supplement?
- Does Dexorange syrup contain any allergens?
- Are there any specific dietary recommendations when taking Dexorange syrup?
- Can Dexorange syrup be used by individuals with diabetes?
- Is Dexorange syrup suitable for lactating mothers?
Mediebook does not provide medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses. The information given here is for informational purposes only, and it should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified doctor or physician.