Guaifenesin (generic name: Grilinctus) is an expectorant mainly prescribed for chest congestion. Grilinctus is a syrup primarily used to treat cough. Syrup belongs to a group of medications known as “Expectorants”. Grilinctus syrup is manufactured by Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd. It is prescribed for the treatment of cough, cough, chest tightness, itching, allergies, and throat disorders.
Grilinctus syrup is composed of ammonium chloride, chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, and guaifenesin. Grilinctus-BM syrup consists of bromhexine and terbutaline. Grilinctus syrup is primarily used for dry cough. Grilinctus-BM syrup is used for wet cough. (There are two different types of coughs; dry and wet coughs yet both of them have different treatments). Grilinctus-L oral suspension is composed of Levocloperastine that is used for dry cough. On the other hand, Grilinctus-BM syrup contains a combination of Bromhexine and Terbutaline that is found very useful for productive cough.
Grilinctus Syrup is used to cure cold and cough problems. It is also used to provide relief from the upper respiratory tract symptoms such as nasal congestion caused by cold. Grilinctus Syrup 100 ml is a composition of four drugs, namely: Dextromethorphan, Chlorpheniramine, Guaiphenesin, and Ammonium chloride. It’s also used in the treatment of asthma, sore throat, nose itching, common cold, and bronchitis.
The Grilinctus Syrup consists of the following ingredients: Chlorpheniramine 2.5mg/ml + Dextromethorphan 5mg/ml + Guaifenesin 50mg/5ml + Ammonium Chloride: 60mg/ml. Grilinctus syrup is a composition of Ammonium Chloride, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, and Guaifenesin. These ingredients have expectorant antihistaminic and antitussive characteristics that cure the illness, help to get rid of the coughs, and treat breathing problems. Dextromethorphan blocks the transmission of nerve signals from the cough center to the part of the brain muscles that produces a cough and decreases the urge to cough. Chlorpheniramine blocks the actions of histamine which causes allergic reactions. Guaiphenesin and Ammonium chloride increase the fluids in the airways, decrease the stickiness of mucus, and help to get it removed from the airways.
Grilinctus Syrup does not have a set dose. The quantity of dose can be determined by the age and medical condition. However, Grilinctus Syrup is not recommended for children below 12 years. Consult your doctor before the consumption of Grilinctus syrup.
Directions to use:
Shake the bottle before use. Consume the medicine by mouth after measuring the dose accurately by the measuring cup/dropper.
How Long The Effects of Medicine Last?
The effect of Grilinctus Syrup lasts for 4-6 hours.
The side effects associated with Grilinctus syrup are listed below:
- Loss of appetite
- Blurred vision
Do not take Grilinctus if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Share your medical history. Inform your doctor if you have high blood pressure, glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, fits, chronic bronchitis, blockage in the stomach or intestines, phenylketonuria, enlarged prostate, kidney, liver, lung, heart, or urinary problems.
Grilinctus Syrup may interact with anti-depressants, anti-allergies, opioid painkillers, anti-anxiety drugs, anticonvulsants, and medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats.
Avoid the usage of alcohol as it can cause dizziness and drowsiness and can cause serious adverse effects. This medication is used by pregnant women if prescribed by the doctor. It can cause serious effects if taken without the advice of a doctor. Take Grilinctus with the advice of a doctor if you have a history of liver diseases. The dose can be adjusted by the doctor if the benefits are greater than the risks.
When not to Use:
Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any symptoms like skin rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, etc.
Asthma is a condition where the narrowing of the airway passage causes difficulty in breathing. The use of Grilinctus syrup can worsen the condition if you have asthma.
In gastrointestinal blockage, Grilinctus syrup is not recommended.
- You can use Grilinctus syrup with or without food.
- Only use the medicines as the dosage is prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not overdose on the medicine as it can cause severe side effects.
- Store it in a cool place.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- What is Grilinctus syrup?
- What is the recommended dosage of Grilinctus syrup for adults?
- Is Grilinctus syrup safe for children, and if so, what is the appropriate dosage for them?
- How often should Grilinctus syrup be taken?
- Are there any potential side effects of Grilinctus syrup?
- Can Grilinctus syrup be taken with other medications or over-the-counter drugs?
- Is Grilinctus syrup available without a prescription?
- What is the shelf life of Grilinctus syrup, and how should it be stored?
- Can Grilinctus syrup be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- Are there any specific precautions or warnings associated with Grilinctus syrup?
- What should I do if I accidentally take too much Grilinctus syrup?
- How long does it typically take for Grilinctus syrup to start working?
- Can I drink alcohol while using Grilinctus syrup?
- Is Grilinctus syrup suitable for individuals with certain medical conditions, such as diabetes or high blood pressure?
- Does Grilinctus syrup have any interactions with specific foods or beverages?
- Is Grilinctus syrup available in different flavors or formulations?
- Can Grilinctus syrup be used to treat a dry cough or only productive (wet) coughs?
- Are there any age restrictions for using Grilinctus syrup?
- What should I do if I miss a dose of Grilinctus syrup?
Mediebook does not provide medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses. The information given here is for informational purposes only, and it should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified doctor or physician.