Hepa Merz Syrup is an exploration of Merz Pharma Germany. Hepa Merz OA Syrup 100 ml is a combination of substances that are used for the cure of liver diseases such as fatty liver, jaundice, chronic alcoholic liver damage, and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease).
Hepa Merz is used especially for patients having insufficient hepatic detoxification. The medication includes ingredients like L-ornithine L-aspartate that occur naturally in the body and play an important role in maintaining the metabolism and detoxification of ammonia in the blood.
Hepa Merz Syrup is usually prescribed by doctors for the treatment of liver issues but it can also be used for the cure of Hepatitis, Jaundice, Diarrhea, Alzheimer’s disease, Liver impairment, High level of cholesterol, Muscle Cramps, Liver disease, and Fatty liver. The liver is considered one of the most important organs of the human body. Including Purifying the blood and production of red blood cells this organ has several main functions to perform in the human body.
Hepa Merz Syrup contains two amino acids named Ornithine and Aspartate also a digestive enzyme called Pancreatin. These two components increase the detoxification process of ammonia (that is the waste product of body metabolism). So symptoms due to altered brain functionality and damaged liver are noticeable to improve.
Mainly composition consists of :
- Nicotinamide 20 mg.
- Phosphate 0.6 mg.
- Riboflavin 5 mg.
- Clavulanic acid 125 mg.
The medication is available in the form of :
- Suspension: Syrup is used to treat liver diseases such as acute and other ones that further lead to vital liver function.
- Tablets: Hepa Merz tablet 10’s is a mixture of medicine that is mainly used for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy, indigestion, and pancreatitis. It should be taken during or after the meal as it’s associated with the treatment of indigestion. Hepa Merz tablet is a composition of L Ornithine L Aspartate and Pancreatin that refers to the group of medicines called Hepatoprotectors.
- Granules: Hepa Merz Granules are manufactured by WIN-MEDICARE. It is used for the diagnosis or cure of jaundice, hepatitis, and liver cirrhosis.
Mainly the medications have side effects of vomiting and nausea, but it also includes the following side effects:
- Severe stomach pain.
- Skin rashes.
- Severe pain in limbs.
- Allergic reactions.
- Skin rashes.
- Swelling of lips and tongue.
- Abdominal discomfort.
- Urine discoloration.
- Blurred vision.
You have to consult your doctor if you are using any medications such as if you are taking over-the-counter medications or supplements. In addition to this if you are having surgery or you are pregnant you need to talk to your doctor anyway. You are not recommended Hepa Merz if you are suffering from a health condition. If you are suffering from any of the following diseases then you need to stay away from the medicine:
- Penicillin hypersensitivity.
- People who smoke occasionally.
- History of jaundice.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- PREGNANCY: There is very bounded research about the effects of medication over pregnancy. You should talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, think may be pregnant, or planning to have a baby.
- BREASTFEEDING: It’s not proven yet if the medicine passes into human milk and harms the baby. Hence you should not breastfeed during this medication. Better to consult your doctor regarding this situation.
- DRIVING: When a patient suffers from liver disease, he/she loses concentration. So it’s preferable not to drive or operate heavy machinery.
You need to consult your doctor regarding the dosage of the medication. Although It depends on the severity of the disease and condition of the patient, doctors recommend using it once or twice a day. Hepa Merz syrup should not be given unless prescribed by a doctor.
The Following table will help you to take the recommended dose of Hepa Merz Syrup for Adults & Children:
|Patient Age Group
|Recommended Dose of Hepa Merz 120ml
|Adults (above 18)
|Two tablespoons (30ml)
|Twice daily or per clinical situation
|Children (6 months to 17 years)
|Twice daily or per clinical situation
Please note that the dosages mentioned above are general recommendations. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice and to consider individual factors, such as the patient’s specific condition and response to treatment.
Make sure to consult the doctor about the dosage of your medication. In case you missed a dose do not panic, also don’t overdose because overdosing cannot let the symptoms go away.
Hepa Merz Syrup in Pregnancy & Breastfeeding:
Hepa Merz Syrup is generally not recommended for use in pregnant or breastfeeding women, unless it is deemed absolutely necessary. If a doctor prescribes this medication during pregnancy, it is crucial to have a thorough discussion about the potential risks and benefits associated with its use. Pregnancy is a delicate period, and the effects of any medication on the developing fetus need to be carefully considered. While there may be situations where the benefits of Hepa Merz Syrup outweigh the potential risks, it is essential to consult with a healthcare professional to make an informed decision. They will take into account the specific circumstances and assess whether alternative options may be more suitable. Ultimately, prioritizing the well-being of both the mother and the unborn child is of utmost importance when considering the use of any medication during pregnancy.
Interactions with other Medications:
According to the observations done by the doctors of Evercare Hospital, Hepa Merz can interact with the following medications:
- Hepa Merz should be kept at a temperature of 25 degrees.
- Keep in a clean, dry place.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- If the medication is expired, and the packaging appears broken, do not use it.
- After it has expired or is no longer required dispose of it properly.
- Is Hepa Merz Syrup safe for use during pregnancy?
- Can Hepa Merz Syrup be used while breastfeeding?
- What is the recommended dosage of Hepa Merz Syrup for adults?
- What is the recommended dosage of Hepa Merz Syrup for children?
- How often should Hepa Merz Syrup be taken?
- Are there any known side effects of Hepa Merz Syrup?
- Can Hepa Merz Syrup be taken with other medications?
- How long does it take for Hepa Merz Syrup to show its effects?
- Is a prescription required to obtain Hepa Merz Syrup?
- Are there any specific precautions or warnings associated with Hepa Merz Syrup?
Mediebook does not provide medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses. The information given here is for informational purposes only, and it should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified doctor or physician.