Rikodeine cough syrup belongs to a group of medications known as Cough Suppressants. This medicine is used to cure unproductive and dry coughs that do not go away. Rikodeine cough syrup according to some research has been classified as an Opioid (Opioids are identified as a class of drugs that are derived from natural substances found in the opium poppy plant). Opioids work in the brain by producing a variety of effects. The use of opioids comes with side effects including severe breathing problems and the risk of misuse and addiction. They should be taken with care.
Rikodeine Cough syrup is taken orally by mouth. Rikodeine cough syrup is a clear, red, strawberry-flavored suspension. It is available in the form of 100mL and 200mL bottles.
Rikodeine cough syrup is used for the temporary relief of dry cough which does not go away. You should only use Rikodeine when you need to stop your cough. Accurately measure the dose while consuming, do not take more than 6 doses over a time period of 24 hours. This cough syrup has been recommended for your use only. Do not give it to anyone else if you think that their condition is the same as yours.
Rikodeine cough syrup is a clear, red strawberry-flavored liquid. Each 10ml of Rikodeine cough syrup contains Dihydrocodeine tartrate 19 mg, sorbitol 4.4g, and also contains sucrose, methyl Hydroxybenzoate, water, strawberry flavor, amaranth CI16185, citric acid anhydrous. Its active ingredient is Dihydrocodeine tartrate sorbitol. Dihydrocodeine is used for the cure of dry cough.
Adults and children (12 years and over):
Take 5-10ml every 4-6 hours.
If you are elderly take a 5 ml dose until you observe how long the medicines take to effect.
Give 2.5-5ml every 4-6 hours (only on the advice of a doctor or pharmacist).
This table will help you to take Rikodeine cough syrup:
|Adults and children (12+)||5-10 ml||Every 4-6 hours|
|Elderly||5 ml||Initially; observe effects|
|Children (6-11 years)||2.5-5 ml||Every 4-6 hours (doctor/pharmacist advice)|
In case you missed a dose, and it’s your next scheduled dose time, do not consume the missed one. Take the scheduled one so as not to overdose.
If you have consumed overdose, you will experience the following symptoms:
- Slow, unusual, or difficult breathing.
- Slow or weak heartbeat.
- Cold skin.
- Flabby muscles.
- Call the ambulance immediately and keep the person awake. Do not let them sleep.
Headache, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, vertigo, and respiratory depression may occur while using Rikodeine cough syrup. During an observation, 12 healthy volunteers suffered through opiate-related side effects mainly with higher steady-state doses. These were: Constipation.
- Stomach pain.
- Mild urinary detention.
- Mild euphoria.
- Dry mouth.
- Less serious side effects include
- Inability to sleep.
- Dry mouth.
- Itchy skin.
Swelling under the skin. If you observe having an allergic reaction to Rikodeine tell your doctor immediately or go to emergency at your nearest hospital; Fainting, hay fever, rash, or itching, swelling of lips/ mouth, face, tongue, wheezing, or shortness of breath.
Be attentive and careful shirk driving or operating any machines until you know how Rikodeine syrup affects you. Rikodeine cough syrup may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or problems with vision. Do not drink alcohol as it can risk the increase of dizziness. It can affect pregnancy. The use of Rikodeine cough syrup on pregnant women can directly or indirectly cause many harmful effects on the fetus. Prolonged consumption may risk causing respiratory depression.
- Do not give Rikodeine cough syrup to children aged below 6. Only give Rikodeine to children Aged 6-11 on the advice of a doctor and accordingly advised dose. Do not take Rikodeine if:
- You have a lung problem.
- You are allergic to the ingredients mentioned in the leaflet.
- The expiry date on the packaging has been passed.
Before you start using Rikodeine cough syrup, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you:
- Are allergic to preservatives or any other medicines.
- Have kidney disease.
- Have liver disease.
- Have asthma or emphysema.
- Have increased prostate size.
- Have a condition associated with fits.
- Have muscle disorder.
- Have Inflammatory bowel disorder.
- Have diarrhea.
- Are consuming large amounts of alcohol.
- Have had a head injury.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard off if the expiry date mentioned on the bottle has been passed.
- What is Rikodeine cough syrup?
- What is the active ingredient in Rikodeine?
- How does Rikodeine work to relieve cough symptoms?
- Is Rikodeine available over-the-counter or by prescription only?
- What are the common uses of Rikodeine cough syrup?
- Are there any age restrictions for using Rikodeine?
- What is the recommended dosage of Rikodeine for adults?
- What is the recommended dosage of Rikodeine for children?
- Can Rikodeine be taken with other medications?
- Are there any known drug interactions with Rikodeine?
- What are the potential side effects of Rikodeine?
- Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery while taking Rikodeine?
- Can Rikodeine be taken during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- How should Rikodeine be stored?
- What should I do if I accidentally overdose on Rikodeine?
- Is Rikodeine habit-forming or addictive?
- Are there any precautions or warnings associated with Rikodeine use?
- Can Rikodeine be used for chronic cough conditions?
- What is the shelf life of Rikodeine cough syrup?
- How quickly does Rikodeine start to work after taking it?
- Are there any dietary restrictions or alcohol restrictions while using Rikodeine?
- Can Rikodeine be given to pets or animals?
- What should I do if I miss a dose of Rikodeine?
- Can Rikodeine be used to treat allergies or cold symptoms?
- Is Rikodeine available in different formulations or flavors?
- What should I do if I experience an allergic reaction while taking Rikodeine?
- Can Rikodeine be used for a persistent, non-productive cough?
- How long should Rikodeine be used for cough relief before consulting a healthcare professional?
- Is Rikodeine safe for individuals with pre-existing medical conditions?
- Can I purchase Rikodeine cough syrup online?
Mediebook does not provide medical advice, treatment, or diagnoses. The information given here is for informational purposes only, and it should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified doctor or physician.